What We Believe (Statement of Faith)
We have been enlightened, enriched, and edified by many streams of Christian truth, and do not seek to distinguish or divide ourselves from other members of the Body of Christ. This statement, however, describes the fundamental truths in which we believe and by which we seek to live.
- We Believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We Believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that all following Adam have sinned and are sinful; that repentance toward God, faith in Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary for salvation.
- We Believe that followers of Jesus Christ are called to sanctification through identification with Jesus Christ in His death and resurrection.
- We Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, empowering, and gifts the Christian is enabled to live a life of godliness and effective service.
- We Believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life and the lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We Believe that all followers of Jesus are to be committed to the fulfilling of the Great Commission as found in Mt. 28:18-20 and are to be involved in making it possible for the Gospel to be preached to all the peoples of the world.